Magcam Combi Scanner
Magcam's Magnetic Field Scanners are available and a combination between Portal and Rotor Scanner is offered. The Magcam Portal Scanner is a motorized scan stage with an integrated MiniCube1D or MiniCube3D magnetic field camera to measure flat magnets and magnet assemblies.
The Rotor Scan Extension converts the Portal Scanner into a Combi scanner by adding a rotary stage for measuring the magnetic field distribution of permanent magnet rotors and curved magnet segments.
Portal Scanner + Rotor Scan Extension = Combi Scanner
In order to convert the Magcam Scanner to Rotor Scan mode, the rotary stage is mounted on the sample plate of the Scanner and the MiniCube Magnetic Field Camera is rotated over 90°. This add-on eliminates the need for a separate Magcam Rotor Scanner for measuring PM rotors.
Rotor Scan Extension Features:
- Removable motorized rotary stage with clamping chuck
- Additional motor controller terminal and motor cable added to the PLC (no extra space required)
- Easy swapping between XYZ scanning and Rotor scanning
- Rotor diameter range: 0 - 300mm - Axial range: 0 - 310mm (Z axis range), with 5 dowel pinned offset positions separated 60mm each, increasing the total axial range to 550mm
- PLC with 3-axis servo motor motor controller - Scanner plugin for MagSope software
- Scan speed: up to 12.7mm axial length in 2 seconds (with 0.1mm axial resolution, 1° angular resolution)