The PLC controller which controlls the 3 axis (radial, axial and angular directions), can be initialized in two ways:
- Creating a new Scanner Action on a network in MagScope
- Loading a saved network (‘preset’)
The Rotor Scan window in MagScope is divided into a number of groups:
- Stop: A movement can always be interrupted by clicking the ‘Stop Movement’ button at the top of the Rotor Scan window.
- Safe Position: Go to ‘Safe Position’, which is the position where the camera is farthest from the coordinate system origin. This means that the camera is at maximum X, and Z values. The Z axis is at its highest point and the X axes is moved fully to the left. In this position, the camera is farthest from the rotor under test.
- Reset Controller: This button reloads the controller and releases the motors.