- MagFit introduction
The MagFit magnet analysis software module offers advanced data analysis capabilities for a complete characterization of uniaxial permanent magnets. By comparing the measured data with theoretical magnet models, MagFit extracts a lot of extra information from the data, such as:
- Full magnetization vector in cartesian and spherical coordinates
- Angle deviation of magnetization vector from the geometrical magnetization axis
- Main magnetization axis (with respect to the magnet geometry)
- Deviations from a perfect theoretical magnet
- Local material defects in the magnet material and in the magnetization
- Magnet's 3D position (X, Y, Z)
- Magnet's angular position in the sensor plane
- Magnet dimensions
- Full vector components (Bx,By,Bz) of the magnetic field distributuion
- Absolute value of the magnetic field distributionMagFit supports most common magnet geometries, such as blocks, cylinders and rings.
For each parameter, the user can choose whether MagFit should optimize the parameter or keep it constant in the fitting procedure.
The fitted parameters can be used for a pass/fail quality control, with user-defined quality tolerances.
After fitting a Magcam map, MagFit saves the fitted (theoretical) Magcam map, the residual Magcam map (difference between measured and fitted maps), and the generated Bx, By and B maps as .magcam files. These files can be viewed and analyzed in the MagScope software.
The MagFit magnet analysis software adds substantial value to the Magcam measurement platform by extracting additional quantitative magnet properties from the Magcam data, resulting in a complete magnet inspection solution for permanent magnets.