- Python scripting introduction
Python scripting introduction
The Python scripting module for MagScope allows using the analysis results and other data of MagScope in an unlimited number of ways, chosen by the user, who can have his own Python scripts run automatically in MagScope.
The MagScope measurement and analysis software supports the use of Python scripts to add flexibility and functionality. MagScope comes standard with Python script templates which can serve as a basis for writing your own script to define a custom functionality. Alternatively, Magcam offers services for writing custom scripts.
Typical applications include:
- Use MagScope analysis results directly in scripts for e.g. pass/fail analysis
- Automatically log analysis results and export raw data
- Perform custom data analysis
- Create custom user interfaces
- Remote control of MagScope using e.g. TCP/IP communication
- Communicate with other programs e.g. C++, LabVIEW®, MATLAB® etc.
A Python script in MagScope has access to all analysis results that were generated by MagScope, which allows it to e.g. perform a pass/fail analysis on multiple analyzed magnet parameters, for example the angle deviation of the magnetization vector, the maximum of the magnetic field distribution, the length of a pole in a multipole magnet, or a zero crossing in the magnetic field.