The optical triangulation Laser Distance Sensor is an add-on to Magcam's magnetic field scanners for measuring the dimensions of magnets and magnet assemblies under test.
The used apparatus is a point triangulation laser sensor. Still, next to measuring the magnet height prior to a magnetic measurement, the Laser Distance Sensor can also be used to make a surface map of the magnet by scanning the laser across the magnet on a user-defined grid.
- Sample height accurately measured
- MiniCube distance to sample automatically adjusted
- Lateral dimensions measured
- Full sample surface mapped
- Eliminated need for manual height measurement
- Increase accuracy of Z-axis position
- Eliminates thermo-mechanical effects
- Takes advantage of height measurement
- Correlation between mechanical and magnetic maps
Typical uncompensated runout values (due to clamping tolerances)vary between 10μm and 20μm. After runout compensation, the value is improved to approximately 1μm.
- Combined magnetic and topographic measurement
- Diameter measurement
- Automated runout measurements and compensation
- Full surface scanning